The Right Fit
The Right Fit Program will allow our clients to customize the rug that they are looking for!
Part of the process includes:
- Measurements of your space
- Sample of floor type, fabrics, colour palettes, etc.
- Images of the area
- Budget available
Cleaning, Restoration & Appraisal
Our team of highly-qualified skilled professionals will perform the tasks necessary to restore your rug to its original condition.
- Remove stains
- Replace pile that has been worn down
- Re-fringing, binding
- Appraisal, written & verbal
- Cleaning, pick up and drop off
- Set decoration or staging
- Photo shoots and magazines publications.
- Television and broadcast
- Movie sets
- Special events and occasions
Regardless of the event, we can meet your needs.
Please contact us for more information.
Tapis provides complementary consultation to our valued clients. While visiting our showroom, we may assist you in selecting options. And schedule an appointment to view these selections on site for an acceptable period of time. We will work with you to make sure you are satisfied with our services.\
Rug Care Guide
Vacuum without beater and rotate the rug annually.
For Dry Spots; remove residue immediately by scraping carefully along the direction of the pile.
For Wet Spots; immediately, absorb all excess liquid with paper towels.
With a clean damp sponge add 1/2 teaspon of mild detergent and gently massage stained area, it should remove spillage.
*If recommended procedure is not effective call Tapis for our professional cleaning services.
Minor shedding is natural and expected of wool rugs, however excessive shedding in high-quality wool rugs will decrease within 4 - 6 months.
A high-quality rug pad under your rug can reduce surface friction that can cause excessive shedding.
Vacuum a new wool rug once a week for the first few weeks using a low pressure vacuum without beater bars
Vacuum in the direction of the pile, not against it.
If there are loose ends; clip with scissors to remove instead of pulling.
Flattening and Removing Creases:
Packing and shipping of your rug may cause temporary creases or kinks in your new area rug or runner.
Ways to flatten and remove creases:
- Back-rolling or reverse rolling is the fastest and easiest way to remove creases in your area rug
- These creases and waves will flatten-out on their own so in most cases you can simply allow ample time for your rug to settle
- Use a rug pad under your rug to protect heavy furniture to avoid flattening piles